We all love diamond engagement rings, but what if we told you that there was a gemstone out there that is even more beautiful than the famous blue stone? The Moissanite is an alternative to diamonds and it has been gaining popularity in recent years due to its many benefits. So, is it our new best friend? Probably especially if we are working on a tight budget for high-quality diamond value. Here https://www.moissaniteco.com/moissanite-vs-diamond is a discussion to get us started.
The jewelry industry has predominantly focused on diamonds as their primary gemstones of choice. However, with the growing demand for natural gems, other stones have come into the spotlight. One such stone is the moissanite. It is a synthetic gemstone resembling a diamond and works for any type of jewelry. This article will help you understand how this gemstone compares to a real diamond.
Why consider buying Moissanite?
If you have come across moissanite in the market, you probably would not tell it from diamond. However, with some guidance, you can tell the difference. As mentioned earlier, Moissanite looks like a diamond. However, unlike diamonds, moissanites are harder and stronger. They also do not require heat treatment or cutting. This makes them ideal for making jewelry items. In fact, they you can cut and polish them just like diamonds.
Here are important points to note about moissanite in comparison with diamond:
- Affordability. Diamonds are usually associated with luxury and elegance. They are one of the most valuable gemstones in the world. A single carat (ct) of diamond is worth about $1,000. On the other hand, a 1ct moissanite is only worth about $50. Therefore, when you compare moissanite to diamonds, it becomes apparent that moissanite is much cheaper than diamonds.
- Difficult to scratch. Another major benefit of moissanite is that it does not scratch easily. Unlike diamonds, which tend to chip and crack over time, moissanite is extremely durable. This means that your investment in moissanite jewelry will last longer than diamonds.
- Durability. Moissanite is very resistant to shocks and scratches. This makes it perfect for use in jewelry items where durability matters. For example, it is great for necklaces and bracelets.
- Elegance. When compared to diamonds, moissanite is much easier to work with. You do not need special equipment to cut and polish it. Moreover, moissanite jewelry does not require heating or cooling. This makes it easy to create unique designs.
- Hypoallergenic Properties. Moissanite is hypoallergenic which makes it suitable for people who suffer from allergies or asthma. It is also non-toxic and safe for children and pets.
- Ease of Maintenance. It is easy to clean and maintain. All you need is soap and water. You can keep your moissanite jewelry looking new by cleaning it regularly.
- Weight. If you want to buy moissanite jewelry online, then you must make sure that it weighs at least 3 cts. Otherwise, you may end up paying extra shipping charges.
- Shapes and sizes. Moissanite comes in different shapes and sizes. These include round, oval, pear, emerald, marquise, heart, princess, and cushion cuts. You can choose between these depending on the design you wish to create. Above all, it is easier to cut moissanite into different shapes than cutting diamonds.
- Colors. Moissanite has many colors including white, yellow, pink, blue, green, orange, red, brown, black, and clear. Therefore, you can get the color you want with moissanite than you would find with diamond products.
Diamond vs Moissanite Trends
Even with the inclusion of moissanite to the industry, diamond still commands some liking and following. However, moissanite is a great alternative to diamond. There are those buying moissanite and others still stuck with diamond for obvious reasons.
The good thing with moissanite is the cost comparison. Gemstones enthusiasts can get diamond-like qualities at a cheap price and that means a lot to them. Therefore, there will be customers for either side of the divide when it comes to buying these stones.
The above information should help you decide whether moissanite is right for you. With this knowledge, you can start shopping for moissanite jewelry today! There is no doubt that Moissanite has become a favorite to many people owing to these amazing qualities. It is obviously a newfound friend for many jewelry lovers.